This role is responsible for originating mortgage loans in accordance with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations. This position also responsible for fostering mortgage origination sales. This position will provide mortgage analysis on all inquiries, which consists of, but is not limited to: in-bound calls, a wide variety of marketing efforts, outbound calls, prospecting Realtor Partners, referrals, etc. This position will originate mortgage loans through these contacts and provide superior customer service.
Vice President or Area Sales Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to all incoming leads in a timely manner.
- Conduct effective sales presentations to qualified borrowers in person & over the phone.
- Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the community and business professionals, specifically with the real estate community.
- Build a solid network of real estate sales professionals to grow and sustain a sales platform using the tools provided.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Keep up-to-date with changing rules, regulations and guidelines from FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA in addition to other investors and agencies.
- Negotiate price, terms, and conditions with mortgages.
- Quickly and accurately qualify applicants, obtain loan application, supporting documentation and credit authorization.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with internal departments and external contacts.
- Responsible for generating mortgage applications and disclosures through the LOS system.
- Confirm applications are complete and accurate.
- Responsible for providing preliminary qualification specific to loan programs.
- Responsible for assisting clients in choosing the proper loan program suitable for their circumstances.
- Document all client conversations in loan origination software and timely follow up in CRM.
- Communicate and work closely with operations staff to ensure a smooth and accurate loan process.
- Provides initial documentation to Operations staff in order to move the loan through the pipeline.
- Must ensure that personal NMLS licensing records are accurate and in good standing at all times.
- Must stay current with new and updated regulations affecting their area of work.
- Perform additional duties when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- NMLS Licensed Required.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Knowledge of personal computers and applicable software
- Mortgage Industry Knowledge
- Two or more years mortgage experience.
- Basic administrative and/or office skills including excellent financial skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Financial skills
- Thoroughness and highly organized
- A reliable team player
- Highly professional and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize many leads and prioritize opportunities
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated & self-sufficient
- Willing to work hard to achieve any and all goals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility. The position requires regular attendance and timeliness. The position requires working as a team and necessary face to face interaction with clients.
Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc., and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 40 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this job. Usual office working conditions: noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without notice. This job description is not an employment contract implied or otherwise. The Company remains an “at-will” employer. Qualified employees who require reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of the position should notify the Human Resources Director.
All offers for employment with Peoples Home Equity are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Peoples Home Equity will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.